View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
For me it was a combination of 1 & 3. I can't claim 2 because I've been tracking how many books I read for the past few years. However this year's goal, 50 books, was always going to be a stretch given that last year I managed 30 and the year before was 18!

I found I can maintain a level of reading that'll get to me to 50+ only if my motivation remains high and there were times when I was too tired or too fed up to feel like doing anything much more than slumping in front of the TV or PC.

Re: "free-range" reading - I never used to track these things but then having been an avid reader when I was young and realising with a shock one day that I'd only read about three books in the previous year, well I wanted to consciously change that and so I started measuring. (Plus there's a geeky part of me that likes all the numbers etc)
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote