View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Reading in translation is a very "second-rate" experience.
I so badly wish this wasn't true or that there was a simple alternative to spending the years required to learn the author's language. It has made many great works just okay for me. It can be difficult to get inside the head of someone else only through their writing. It's harder still when they're from a different period or culture. But when you add to that the problems with translations, it often becomes almost impossible for me.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote