View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #37
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
In the Penguin/Plume sale that Koland referenced a few posts back, I liked the book by Patrick Hunt: "Ten Discoveries that Rewrote History".

I had it in DTB a while back, and lost it partway through reading it, so I was happy to see it reasonably priced as an e-book. I think the author does a nice job of combining history and archeology - I liked having the historical background to better understand the objects/discoveries that were described. I'm looking forward to finishing the book now!

I should add one note, however...the author does use a "Q&A" or "classroom" style format, which some folks (my husband was one) might find annoying. I'm not wild about the format either, but I liked the content so much that I could easily overlook that. You might try a sample first to see if the format will bug you.

Since this is Koland's affiliate thread, I'm not going to put a link - maybe she can add one that credits her "tip jar".

Last edited by sufue; 09-30-2011 at 02:34 PM.