View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
I downloaded the webkit browser Forkosigan posted here. I think as a web browser it's an OK start but it has a lot of problems viewing websites. Most of the ones I want don't work. But I have found a great use for it.

I've been using fbreader to view html files (and downloaded sites) and it works OK. Navigation is limited and every html page I view gets added to the recently read list. But I'm able to read these files with the browser app. Here's the steps I took.
  1. Copy the browser.app into the \\system\bin directory.
  2. Edit the extensions.cfg in the \\system\config directory. Change the following two lines.

htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app,brow ser.app:ICON_HTM
    html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app,bro wser.app:ICON_HTM

3. Now if you have an html file in your booklist press and hold to pull up the menu and select "Open With" and choose the browser.

I use it for some epubs that are too big to load and to browse websites I've downloaded.
Thanks a lot. This is so great!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote