View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
One thing about Kobo:

If you buy directly from the Kobo website, you can get ePubs for that work with ADE as you stated. However, if you use the Kobo apps (PC, devices, etc), and buy the books through the apps, they are not stored as ePub files. They are instead stored in a database that the app uses. This will be transparent to those who use readers or devices that utilize the Kobo store and never need or want to transfer them, but anyone who wants to use the books on a device without the Kobo app will have to re-download the books as ePubs.

Fortunately, when this happened to me and I figured out what was going on, I was able to go to the Kobo site and download my purchases from there as ePubs without having to buy them again.

Hope all that made sense. Rainy days make my brain fuzzy.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote