Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Can you please post your thoughts/observations about the AURA. I am dying to get feedback from a real person who uses these devices. Don't get me wrong, I like the Tech Reviews but I really find more value in someone like yourself providing your thoughts on the device.

I am a die hard Kindle fan (since my first one in 2009) - however this AURA is the first front lit device that I have seen that has significantly peaked my interest. I wasn't that excited about the Kindle Paperwhite but this looks really promising. Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated, and CONGRATS on your new toy!

So far ... I love it. Set up and reading within 10 minutes of receiving it. Page turns are smooth and fast. Home screen is nice. The library listing is better than the GLO (you can read the whole title which helps for me with book # of #). I have the page refresh set to every 6 pages and have yet to notice any ghosting. I am using the KOBO nickel font and it seems to be fine with both bold and italics. The touch screen is very responsive, no need to double tap, and it doesn't jump forward 2 pages at a time that I have noticed.

So far I have no complaints. The only thing I would change if I could is the plastic they made it with, I prefer the rubbery stuff of the GLO.

When my mom held it her first words were "its very light". She uses an IPad on a regular basis though, not an ereader. It is definitely heavier than my GLO but not heavy at all.

It is probably a tiny bit bigger than the original KOBO, because it fits, albeit snugly, in my original sleeve.

I am glad that I purchased it, and would purchase again if given the choice.

I hope this helps.

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote