View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #285
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Some advice please

First, love this hack (like all the work you devs do). I think I am doing something wrong, but not sure which step in my pathway is causing the issue.

My setup: Mac OS X with Calibre (0.9.7) with Kindle Collections GUI plugin used with KPW 5.3.1 (JB with screensavers and collections manager hacks installed).

Originally, I installed CM 2.2.1 on my JB 5.2.1 KPW and added all my books and used the kindle collections gui plugin to save my collections info on my KPW. I then imported my collections from calibre in the CM hack. Worked great, have all my collections and was able to hide those I don't want to show up and it looks awesome. I have since updated my KPW and the hacks to the latest versions.

Problem: now I connect my KPW to calibre and send new books to the KPW followed by saving the collections to the KPW using the GUI plugin in calibre. I disconnect my KPW and then run into problems with the new books not being sorted into the pre-existing collections. I figured I just have to re-"import calibre collections" from within CM, but this doesn't work. I have tried to restart before and after re-importing with no difference - the new books don't sort into collections and just sit on the home page with the heading of "new".

Sorry if there is an easy answer to this. I couldn't figure it out when I looked through this thread or the GUI kindle collections thread in the calibre forum. Not sure where my workflow is falling apart or if this is a problem between the KPW, CM, and the calibre plugin.

Any advice would be appreciated.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote