View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrusz View Post
The big issue is with conjugated verbs IMHO, eg. Kobo can find 思う but cannot find 思います, can find 来る but cannot find 来ます, etc. Workaround would be to add all conjugations verbs to the dictionary
I too considered listing all the conjugated forms in the dictionary, but decided for me that this is to much work compared to the possible gain. Since there is only a limited number of possibilities, it is in most regular cases rather easy to find the corresponding dictionary form to a given conjugated form. For instance if one has 思います, and does not know the dictionary form, one will try 思る and 思う and only 思う will be listed in the proposed words. With the Japanese and the French dictionary, unfortunately, there does not open a dictionary screen for typing a word, at least under FW 2.1.5. But I am sure this bug will be removed one day. By the way, this bug does not concern my dictionaries. So you can use them as a back up to your dictionary for such cases.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote