View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
naravive
Enthusiast
naravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle, Boox M92
Thank you Janek, Hui Neng, Randy and Mono--

I do appreciate your giving time to my answer. I'm most with Janek on this one though. Here are some user reviews of EZ Pdf, Moon and Mantano that gave me pause. It would appear they all have shortcomings and/or bugs too. And the bottom line is you have to pay extra for a good app. Why do that when you've already paid so much for the M92? As for Adobe PDF, ideally I try to have as little to do with that bloatware / extortionist company as I can...

Yes, obviously, choice is a good reason for android, but I am wary of what that will mean for the software already on the device.

EZ PDF:

Quote:
Luca - August 30, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 1.9.0.1
More or less OK sometimes
The interface is pretty horrible, and many things don't really make much sense but is the only one that combines some features I care about 1) horizontal scroll lock, essential for any serious reading 2) selecting and copying even if it's the worst selection tool ever 3) following links both internal and external. If what you're after is something for pure reading instead, than hesitate not and go for APV PDF Reader Pro.

xiaobo - August 1, 2012 - Version 1.9.0.1
Slow, no white margin remove
Cloud plugin not showing up in the config. Don't know where i can get it working

E-Dog - August 11, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 1.9.0.1
Good start but controls need work
I wanted a PDF viewer that supported zooming to text margins and locked the zoomed region when page turned. Zooming works OK sometimes but its very finicky and often the region gets messed up when the page turns. Suggestion to make this function easier and more reliable, for 7" t tablet this makes ALL the difference in readability. Better than Adobe, though.

Stan - July 26, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 1.9.0.1
Excellent, but for night mode
Perfect assortment of features - bookmarks, granular zoom controls, built in file manager. Fairly customiseable as well. But night mode is only available in text reflow! Hence I cannot read ebooks with lights off before bed :-(

Stacey - September 18, 2012 - HTC Sensation 4G with version 1.9.0.1
Misleading
Any bookmarks you create don't save with the document. Wasted a lot of time with this.
Mantano:

Quote:
gille86 - October 2, 2012 - Motorola Photon 4G with version 1.1.6
Removed editing on new version
I purchased the premium version for my kindle fire but it was nice to have lite version for phone. However i notice now that i can no longer highlight or annotate in the free version. Bummer. Now its just like every other reader.
Spam
Mr.Hatim - October 3, 2012 - Version 1.1.6
The best
It is verry good I like it. But epub reder not supporting Arabic

gille86 - October 2, 2012 - Motorola Photon 4G with version 1.1.6
Removed editing on new version
I purchased the premium version for my kindle fire but it was nice to have lite version for phone. However i notice now that i can no longer highlight or annotate in the free version. Bummer. Now its just like every other reader.

Garrett - September 25, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 1.1.5
Best PDF performance
Switched from 'ez PDF reader' to this and the difference in rendering large PDFs is incredible. Ez would display loading screens at every page turn whereas this app performs flawlessly. The best android app for PDF viewing.

Jack Stockholm - October 2, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus with version 1.1.4
Deleted all books and bookmarks TWICE
If I can't trust an app to store data and work that I do, the app doesn't belong on my device. The UI is great, love the different skins for different lighting. But this app lost all my books and bookmarks so it fails a core user expectation.
Moon+:

Quote:
Dana - October 8, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S2 with version 1.8.3
Battery dariner
It's a great program, loads all my ebooks perfectly. Only problem is the battery drain.

Sadaf - October 8, 2012 - Galaxy Y Duos with version 1.8.3
Not enough
Does not support pdf files

Carlos J. Muentes - October 5, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy Note with version 1.8.2
Galaxy Note - Excellent
Great reader. Works great with ePub files but little slow turning pages and following links in documents.

Slavi - September 23, 2012 - Motorola Droid RAZR with version 1.8.2
Very nice.
I like this application very much. The only thing I'd wish is a better work with margins. For some reason the text does not fill the whole page. Look how it's done in fbreader.
naravive is offline   Reply With Quote