View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I did not test this file you are speaking about, but I am preatty sure that not all ereaders would be able to open and read it.
As example the pdf files from archive.org couldn't be opened with Pocketbook, Sony and Lbook ereaders too. So it is not implicit a problem of Onyx, but possibly of Adobe SDK used in those devices, or a certain file could be somehow defective.
Booxtor, I appreciate your input, but still, the brute facts are as follows:
1. Kindle opens it, Acrobat opens it, all other readers that i have open it. Same holds for archive.org files. So this is doable, with proper care, and that is not given on the part of the maker.
2. The fact that a third-party component is faulty does not mean that vendor is not liable for the overall product. Imagine what'd happen if a car maker said "well, we do not produce these paints so we do not take the responsibility for your car getting rusty". It is an interesting technical detail that Adobe SDK has been used, but hey, that's Onyx's problem, not customers'.
3. Pdftk is of no use here because the file is locked.

BTW, are there any predictions on when the annotation-merging bugs are fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
you never give up do you(or are selling a competing product yourself)?
Well, no. I don't sell anything. Do you, by any chance?

Last edited by janek; 08-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote