View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #388
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I'm surprised that, as a Samsung customer, it doesn't seem to bother him at all that his nearly-new device is completely unsupported. Then again, given that he now rejects all non-Nexus devices and their problems, it seems he does deep down but doesn't want to admit it.
It obviously bothers you. What support do I need? The current OS does what I need it to. If I ever need more, I can always jailbreak it.

Remember, the SGP4 is gimped compared to its contemporary smartphone cousins. The processor, RAM, cameras, and upgradeability are all weaker. I knew that going in. But there weren't any other viable options. Since I wasn't getting a premium device, upgrading the OS isn't as critical.

Now that I'm getting a 7" tablet with many features comparable to a premium smartphone, the OS matters. I'll be able to take advantage of the features it offers. Kinda a hard to do so if your device is low end and lacks the specs.

Google appears to be taking this seriously by introducing multiple devices tailored for the latest version of Android. That's where I prefer playing; if the price is right.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote