View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Thanks, sparklemotion and daffy4u.

I had a few conversations. First the emails. Not sure if it is OK to post these here, so I may have to remove them if requested, but it is easier than recounting everything. I removed my name, numbers and email addresses. BTW, every time I write back, I get an email back that that email address cannot receive emails and that I should contact CS via the website, but somehow, they do get through.

You have to read these from the bottom up, obviously:
10/12:
Quote:
12/10:
Andrew, I narrowly missed your call today, as I was on another call. I will be available all weekend and most of Monday if you can call me back. I am not sure where you are located, but otherwise around 8pm ET is usually a good time to reach me.
Thanks,

On Oct 12, 2012, at 18:22, "Amazon.com Customer Service" <cust.service03@amazon.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your latest reply. *I've tried contacting you at your phone numbers and have not been successful. *I'm sorry, we'll have to look into your problem a little more deeply. *I will be contacting you early next week with a solution. *Please wait to take any further action until that time regarding your Paperwhite devices. ***

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Andrew R
http://www.amazon.com

Andrew,

I did not realize my email made it through to you, but thank you for responding.
At this point, I am a bit baffled by my entire experience and a bit dismayed at the run-around I have been receiving, as I was only used to stellar customer service from Amazon until this last weekend.
I love the Paperwhite's interface and the screen resolution; the only issues I have seem to be mostly caused by what is supposed to be this Kindle's selling points: the revolutionary lighting technology with its even lighting, and the paperwhite screen. I'd be happy if my screen were at least evenly one color with the light on. The last two units I received have the following:
WiFi SO: mostly pinkish background and holes/dead pixel type looking dots on the screen
3G: mostly blue/green background with pink around the edges and horizontal pink stripes.

I need two units without holes in the screens and pastels in the background. Since these issues are affecting many other customers, has Amazon improved their QC process? Can I get two units with good screens with which I can actually use the light to read at night in bed, in a dark room? The screens I have look good but only with the light off, which is not really the point of *lighted screens.

No, I do not want to cancel the order I placed in September yet, because I need two working units with decent screens. Amazon overpromised, which, in turn, made me overpromise: the second one is a present that I unfortunately hyped up way too much, so not having two good units is not an option for me. Can you please help?

Also, today I returned the first three units. They were all going to Kentucky, so they are all in one box. In the box are the very first unit, and the two I received after: one that does not turn on, and one that had initial issues with artifacts below the screen, but then to my surprise developed blotchy green, blue, and pink areas all over the screen one or two days later. The tracking number for this package is: [number removed].

I am again asking you for your assistance. There MUST be a batch of good devices that the tech blog reviewers received. I have seen all the pictures and reviews they posted before I ordered my devices, so I know they exist. Can you please help me get two units out of those batches that undoubtedly have had better quality control?

I am hopeful that this issue will be resolved. As noted above, Amazon always seemed to go above and beyond for its customers. I desperately want to believe that this is still the case. I should not have to talk to 10 different people to get replacements for defective units!

I am easiest to reach via [number removed].

Thank you,

On Oct 11, 2012, at 18:16, "Amazon.com Customer Service" <cust.service03@amazon.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply email. *We have not spoken previously and I definitely want to assist you. *I'm sorry for any negative experience you've had. *

Andrew R

Are you the same Andrew (team lead) *in India who put me on hold for 15 or 20 minutes, after I had already talked to your team member for 40 minutes, until my phone battery died? That entire conversation was 60 minutes long, and I still had to call back and talk to someone else, so it was an entire hour wasted on the phone with your team. I hope Amazon has a customer satisfaction team and reads this.

From: Amazon.com Customer Service <cust.service03@amazon.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:09 PM
Subject: Your Amazon.com Inquiry

Hello,

I’ve read your recent review on Kindle Paperwhite, and I'm sorry for any issues. I've tried contacting you at the phone number listed in your Amazon.com account but have not been successful.

I wanted to confirm that you received your replacement Paperwhite devices and are satisfied.* I've also been trying to reach you to clarify some information with you.* I see on your account that two replacements devices were sent to you instead of just one.* The orders are [number removed] and [number removed]. You also have another future Paperwhite order [number removed] with an estimated Delivery Date of Oct 29, 2012 - Nov 1, 2012.* Please confirm with us if you would like to keep the extra replacement that we sent to you and cancel your future order.* You will need to pay for the second Paperwhite that you have been shipped.* Currently, you have only been charged for one Paperwhite.* Please contact us with your decision or if you need more information or more clarification.*
[redundant info removed]

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Andrew R

Last edited by xendula; 10-21-2012 at 12:36 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote