Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #75
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Either way I think they're counting on transferring books being an occasional activity. I think this is aimed at the casual reader who might load up a couple of books, read them and then a few days/weeks later, load up a few more. Those of us who load up a significant proportion of our entire library "just in case" probably aren't going to find this a useful device.
^ this.
As their page says 'raw image data' I'm not expecting a iota of support of someting more sophisticated than crudest bitmap.
The previously used comparison with an lcd picture frame is IMHO the best guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
We'll see how it works when if the device actually becomes available.
Taking into account which company is announcing it...
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote