Thread: iPad iPad mini Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
What holymadness said. I'll add that I've not had any trouble converting from epub to mobi with calibre. Even if you decide to stick with epub, using calibre to organize your ebooks is still a great idea since none of the apps are great at organization. calibre is especially useful if you'll be buying the ebooks from a few different places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
But where did you get this "silicon skin" from? That sounds exactly like what I was thinking about for the back to protect it from scratches without adding weight or clunkiness, and if it makes the grip better then all the better.
I ordered it online via Amazon. Do a search and you'll find some, quite cheap too, I think I paid $5.

Quote:
Also, would you guys say the anti-glare protective film for the screen is worth it? I'm careful with my tech stuff and don't think I'd scratch the screen (the back's another matter since it's more easily scratchable and exposed), especially if I have the Smart Cover to cover the front when not in use. But I'm wondering if the anti-glare properties would be worth it.
I'm anti-film. The screens on the iThings are beautiful and very hard. Even my husband the who is tough on electronics hasn't managed a scratch on his 2 year old iPhone.

Don't forget to get yourself a microfiber cloth to remove fingerprints.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote