View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #188
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just bought this device earlier this month. I love it!
I also bought one of these (SGP5) a month or so ago, from Cowboom, and love it too.

I use it as a replacement for my PDA, since it's really just a miniature Android tablet, like blossom says. I now keep my calendar and reminders on it, and take short notes on it, and have my music on it (and Shazam for when I hear those unknown songs!), and most of my ebooks, and my Economist esubscription, and occasionally go on the Internet (wi-fi only), and and and...

I had shifted over to using my phone for all of that, but I wanted something a bit bigger so I could also read my scanned ebooks as .pdf files without having to go through the hassle of OCR-ing and proofing. The SGP5 is just big enough that I can do that with most of my scans, once I've cropped them, which is a lot easier than OCR-ing and proofing. And having had carpal tunnel syndrome once a long time ago, I wanted something smaller than my Tab 7 Plus, which gets heavy to hold during long reading sessions. And I found an unexpected side-benefit too - now I don't have to worry about burning the battery on my phone on those rare occasions when I get a chance to read a lot during the day.

I definitely recommend this if you're in the market for a "small-ish tablet".
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote