View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #98
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I'll bet that made you happy.
Indeed it was not Microsoft's finest hour
Quote:
I noticed my Windows 8 Freda just updated itself. Your new version?
yep.
Quote:
BTW, I was messing around with another Windows Phone ebook app the other day, trying to find something that would work with mobi books. When I tried to hook it up to my books in Dropbox, I was told the app was asking permission to access all files and folders in Dropbox. I canceled. With Freda, I've always used the Calibre server. But if I wanted to download from my library in Dropbox, would I get the same message? I don't like giving any app such blanket permission.
Yes Freda will do the same, either with SkyDrive or DropBox. In neither case does the platform let you grant permission to Freda like "do anything you like within a special folder called '/Freda/' but leave all my other stuff alone". That would be logical, but it's not possible. I quite understand your reluctance to grant that kind of permission to an app - because it does mean you're putting a lot of trust in the app developer's (a) honesty and (b) competence.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote