View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My guess is that the source that is used for the ebook is the author's submitted copy. Most authors write their books in Word, scrivener or a program like that spits out a doc. My guess is instead of having someone proof the formatting they just make a ebook out of the finished file the author sent that has been edited by the editor and add navigation to it and maybe gives it a quick once over without checking everything.
I can easily take the average Word document and make it look good. Since in Word, you can do a search/replace on styles, I could do the _text_ & *text* for bold and italics, export the text as text, import into Sigil, do the splitting there, make the style sheet, add back in the italics and bold, make sure the section breaks are correct and done. It's not rocket science.

In fact, if anyone wants to pay me to fix up your eBook's formatting, let me know.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote