Thread: 9 Men Morris
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #14
Escape314
Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paper White, Android app
Thank you so much.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Backup a bit.
There are several versions of morris attached to this thread, which one are you using?

Are you using the one in-lined in post #4?
That one was touched by twobob and is known to work on a PW1.

I was using the wrong file, thank you. I thought since the first post was updated most recently that it'd have the best file. oops

There isn't suppose to be an update_*.bin name format file that requires installation.
This game is a KUAL extension.

I understood that it was a KUAL extension. The misunderstanding was from the jailbreak post that said I must use MBRI for all installations. Just my confusion.

Just have your archive utility set to create the folder structure in the archive and un-zip it to the top visible level of USB storage.
DO NOT use win-zip! It will helpfully try to 'fix' the text files for you. Which results in trash.

I didn't know that about winzip, I downloaded a peazip to handle the tz and 7z file formats that I've been encountering on here. I have been using winzips for all the zips though..

What version of KUAL?
If not from NiLuJe's snapshots thread, update KUAL.

I had most up to date KUAL, but lately it's been having issues closing. I've been getting popup messages from the OS saying that it didn't close properly and to contact AMAZON if I keep having issues. So I just reloaded it.

Did you finish that?
Ok, now try to launch the application.
Watch carefully, are there any messages put on screen while it fails?
Now check the KUAL log (IIRC, the current version does keep a log).

I updated KUAL and got the correct Morris and the only issue is I lost the first game. (-; I am way out of practice. You guys are so awesome. I still want to try the system logs (just so I know how to get the KUAL log) and see if I can figure out how to do the SSH thing (the remote hack sounded cool.) Your fast responses are amazing. I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I didn't have internet yesterday.

No log or nothing of interest found -
Go with coplate's suggestion above, dump the system logs.
Escape314 is offline   Reply With Quote