View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #29
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
New Linux instructions

I've changed the instructions for patching from Linux. The patch32lsb_330.zip package attached to post #1 now includes a script make-patch.sh which should simplify the process, especially now that there are multiple files to patch.

In short: Download and extract the patch32lsb_330.zip package, download the firmware archive into the same directory, edit the two .patch files, and run make-patch.sh

I have included a 32-bit Linux executable in the package, if you have a 64-bit system without the 32-bit compatibility libraries installed (or you just want to compile it yourself) then simply delete the patch32lsb executable and the script will compile a fresh one automatically (assuming you have gcc installed.)

I hope this is simpler and not just confusing for those who have already become used to doing it manually!
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote