View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #181
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
And I would guess that loads of people bought Harry Potter books and never read them.

Unlike most classic novels, Moby Dick has never been a bestseller. But it might be that people who buy Moby Dick are more likely to finish it than people who buy Harry Potter books. We just don't know.

Right now I am reading Wandering Star, published in 1911. Does that make it a classic? Don't know, don't care, it is wonderful.

And I can assure Giggleton that Sholem Aleichem wouldn't have written it without copyright
Just as a matter of interest, what's your authority for your last sentence?
After all, copyright didn't do him much good, did it? He still had to slog his guts out at "real jobs" to make a living.