View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #15
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Interestingly enough the book shows on the Kobo (without cover), but when I examined the device directory directly I can't see it.
This is normal. Books you buy from KoboBooks and load onto the device through the official desktop software are injected directly into the SQlite database. (\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite)

Quote:
Some other books and newspapers that I had added, however do show up on the device drive although they do not show up when trying to access them on the Kobo itself.
I would guess that one of these files is the source of your problems. Delete them. Then re-add them, 1 by 1 until you discover which one is causing problems. There have been a few people that have reported the same freezing/missing books issues you have, and have narrowed it down to corrupt/funky specific books.

Quote:
Calibre shows some, but not all, books that were there before I used the device reset, but doesn't show the Great Reset which the Kobo does.
This is also completely normal. Calibre does not read the contents of the Kobo SQlite database, which, like I mentioned above, is where books loaded through the desktop app are stored.
One of our members here is working on a device driver for Calibre that can handle the SQlite database, and even selectively remove any of the 100 free included books:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85226

Be warned, it's still in beta testing, so I would make a copy of the SQlite database file (i indicated the path above) before using this driver.

Last edited by Stinger; 06-07-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote