View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #32
jotheman
Sleeper.
jotheman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kinde Voyage, reMarkable, Dasung Paperlike Pro
Thumbs up epub epub epub

my vote for epub as the standard format.

I haven't recieved my BeBook (Hanlin V3) yet, but since LRF is a proprietary format, I know that as of now Calibre sadly won't be of much use for me.

I love Calibre, especially the news feature (full articles from any RSS feed!!). With this in mind, I wish there was a feature to just press a button and have your feeds automatically downloaded (maybe there could be groups of feeds, e. g. "daily", "weekly" etc.). This isn't that important, though.

Creating custom recipes is also a bit too complicated for a non-programmer like me, but I guess that lies in the nature of things... I fooled around with it but wasn't able to get the results I wanted. Wasn't able to exclude the scores of "side content" in the fetched articles (site navigation links, disclaimers etc.). Don't know if there's a way of making this easier and more intuitive (like clipmarks - another nice, but pretty useless web 2.0 tool).

Anyway, I hope calibre will evolve from the "sony only" to "universal" soon! And I agree that Sony or some other company would be wise to secure Kovids knowledge for their eBook business. Just let us hope that that wouldn't be the end of Calibre!

Cheers,

jo.

Last edited by jotheman; 06-16-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: grammar
jotheman is offline   Reply With Quote