View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
On the other hand, I'm entirely frustrated with what Evanovich has done with her Stephanie Plum series...but I keep reading them FROM THE LIBRARY. I won't pay for it, but I just can't let it go.
I can honestly say I'm done with the Plum books. I have 1-14 in hardback. I am not tempted at all to buy 15 which came out in June. In fact, 1-14 are in sacks to be taken to Goodwill this weekend. Done, done, done. Didn't really enjoy 13 or 14 at all. I kinda liked 12...but it was because of Ranger. I just wanted Evanovich to write Stephanie as growing up a teensy, tiny little bit and so far it hasn't happened. So I'm giving up.

I'm mostly over the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler and/or his son. I used to enjoy them but then it really bothered me that he resurrected Loren's father to walk her down the aisle. Especially considering that he was dead, dead, dead in the book that Pitt and Loren met. I'll let some things go, but I kinda expect an author to keep track of dead people. I had other issues with that book too. That one was a few years ago now though. I'm considering picking one up to try.

I started the Brockmann books too. Kinda liked them but didn't love. I really, really don't understand why so many people love Sam Starret (sp?). I could really do without him.

I am still reading the J.D. Robb "In Death" series. That's at 30 some books right now?

I am still reading the J.A. Jance "Joanna Brady" series. I think that is around a dozen or so.

I don't even know what other series I'm reading right now.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote