View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
How long does it take to quit a series?

Since this has been happening to me a bit lately, I'm a little curious what other people think about this.

Let's say you get started on a novel series. You read the first book or three and decide to "subscribe" to it (i.e. follow it to the end). Then you run across a book in the series that flat-out disappoints you. You can continue on and hope things get better, or you can decide to not waste your time.

Question then is...what kind of criteria do you apply before actually quitting the series? How much benefit of the doubt do you give? How many lesser novels will you read in sequence before you decide to give up on it?

I'm sure it depends on several factors. So for you, what does it depend on? If you've ever quit a series (I don't mean quitting after hating the first book!), how quickly did you decide to drop it? Did you later decide to return to it and give it another try? How long was your "cool-down" period?

I don't know if this thread has any functional value, but it's just a bit of curiosity on my part.

Thanks!
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote