View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #411
Holden
Enthusiast
Holden began at the beginning.

Device: cybook, kindle3
Ok, count me in. My cybook left me. He was young, just one year old. I have loved him since he was born and treated him as a loving mother.
I spare you all the story. absolutely similar to the ones told here so far. (120 euros, blah blah). I finally came to the conclusion that I did not know what i did but I did something wrong.
The good thing is that they are going to repair it here in Italy, the annoying thing is that nobody informed us before the purchase about the extreme frailty of the screen. Now even Harry admits that it is very delicate without a hard case, but why don't put it a HUGE warning in all the forums?
I also think that the cybook is more fragile because of its thinness, and I can bet that something will be done in the next version and that the Bookeen is totally aware that there is some weakness in the product.
Ok, now what shall i do?
I was thinking of having it repaired, not without an impressive number of f* words because I have spent too much time in collecting, formatting and converting books in the prc format to throw it all away.
But I am also thinking of buying a Sony 505 during my next trip to London (it is not sold in Italy) which costs 199 pounds.
And when both the two devices pass away for no apparent reason, I will take the local library card and forget about the digital books.
Holden is offline   Reply With Quote