View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #409
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
After 1 1/2 years i let my cybook drop from 10cm into my well padded bagpack while it was wearing its brown "leather" coat. The next time I wanted to use it the screen was messed up and it doesn't respond anymore.

I think in future I will stay away from bookeen.
Rather, stay away from eInk with glass substrate. eInk screens with a plastic substrate should be with us next year, initially in a large form factor from Plastic Logic, but hopefully in 5" or 6" screens from others. These will be far more robust.

I don't think I'll be buying another glass-substrate eInk screen. Although when my CyBook broke I'd be sorely tempted.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote