View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #54
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Obviously I'm not going to convince anyone here and its obviously not for everyone. It's probably not even for me. I know that it would be very useful for some people however. I could buy a phone stand for every situation that I happen be in but I think a watch would be a lot more convenient. And yes using the watch as you describe would be annoying but that's not the point.
A) It alerts you when you might not normally notice your phone like when it's in your pocket or in a bag (I never notice my phone vibrate when it's in my pants)
B) You can tell at a glance whether this is a call or email that you need to take immediately or can wait. There's no need to fool around with your watch with both of your hands, just glance at the name of the sender or the phone number or the email header and then you can decide to pull over and take the call or respond to the email or excuse yourself from the meeting.
It's as simple as that. It's not for everyone that's for sure and for $300 and only for Galaxy phones and with first gen hiccups it's certainly not for me but you can't deny that it could be very useful for some people (think of all those people who walk around with a bluetooth headset sticking out of their ears).
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote