View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #53
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
We're not supposed to glance at our watch while we're in a meeting or in a car? I had no idea. Glancing at your smartwatch is a lot safer than fishing around for a phone in your car and it's a lot less disruptive than picking up your phone and looking at it while your boss is talking in a meeting. There's lots of other useful situations you could use it. I sometimes get a message from my wife while I'm biking home but I don't get it right away because my phone is in my backpack and I don't even realize I've gotten it. With a smartwatch I find out right away.
That said, anyone who gets the first generation of this is nuts. Smart watches need at least another couple of years of refining before anything decent comes out.
You don't have to fish around for your phone. You have phone holders for cars and bikes. I think that it is safer than something vibrating on the hand that holds the wheel or the handlebars.

And during meetings you can put your phone on the table, unless it is considered unacceptable to get distracted by a message or a call, in which case it would also be unacceptable to get distracted by a message or a call on your watch. Phones are designed to be operated single handed, but with this smartwatch you have to use not just the hand that the watch is on, but the opposite hand as well to operate it so it is actually less discrete than using your phone.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote