View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
...There are legitimate reasons to dislike not only Microsoft, but Apple, Google, and any other company. These corporations aren't agents of morality, they're soul-less business entities whose sole purpose is profits. Unless I'm a shareholder, I see nothing admirable in these corporations...
Why would one dislike an anonymous entity?
Why would one have feelings towards companies anyway?
When I say, I admire them, I simply mean if ever I'd build up a company I'd hope for similar success.
I admire the 1% of companies that actually survive the first 3 years and not the ones going bankrupt...

"soul-less business entities whose sole purpose is profits"?
What other purpose than profits should a company have?
The common good? World peace?
That's all not their job. Their job is being successful in their respective niche.
Just an example: A famous German film critic 10 years ago bashed the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy as being trivial and stupid. He did praise a German movie about 2nd world war and the resistance against Nazi terror.
Yes, he's certainly right: The 2nd movie did have a noble goal. And it's was portraying an important story and era. But: This movie had been watched by 70.000 people in total, whereas "Lord of the Rings" made billions.
Would the 2nd movie have succeeded in its foremost target = being actually seen by movie goers, only then it could have succeeded in its other targets as well = being educational and wary of the past.

Meaning:
If a privately owned company, not a sponsored public organisation, doesn't succeed in making profits, they won't succeed in anything.

But I guess you've just been ironic anyway. :-)

Last edited by mgmueller; 06-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote