Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #103
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy

This new font handling really bothers me. The built-in fonts cannot display special characters (like hungarian or polish as mentioned before), and the manually added ones appears unreadably thin.

I managed to replace the built-in Georgia to the same type with full character set, so now i have this one and only font to read hungarian texts. Still can't use my favorite one, Gentium Book Basic. (by the way, there was a poll of font preferences...)

I think this "font tuning" is pointless anyway: the limited display resolution and number of grey shades causes that only a handful of size and antialias combination looks acceptable. A competent typographer should choose a wide variety of typefaces and set them look good on this device, instead of let the readers struggle to find a good setting.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote