Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #101
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Actually you don't need the desktop to finish the setup if you downgrade. I did it with no problem and no need for the desktop program.
Could you please elaborate? How do you do this as everything I try to do, requires me to connect to a computer before I can do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
In my case I sideload ALL my books anyway so the only time I use the Kobo Desktop is to upgrade my firmware. I don't even use it to buy or read books on my desktop.
Again, how? The books on Kobo's site are all Adobe DRM so I can open them in Digital Editions but then what? If I try to download directly from Kobo, I get an acsm file which is just the license file. Is there some other software that will let me get hold of the file so I can put it on a card in order to side load it (I am assuming that is what you mean when you say "side load")?
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote