View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
John A. A. Logan
Connoisseur
John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A five-star review of The Survival of Thomas Ford from Amazon.co.uk where it now has 19 five-star reviews (9 five-star reviews so far in USA):

5.0 out of 5 stars Black and brilliant, April 4, 2012
By Locksmith - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Survival of Thomas Ford (Kindle Edition)
I came across this book on the authorselectric blog [...] which praised it to the skies. I'm a bit of a sceptic about rave reviews, but I bought it off Amazon and started reading to give myself a taster before doing some other work. Never did the work. I finished it the day after I started it and I loved it. It's a dark, archetypal story involving characters who give very little about themselves away but convince you very quickly that they are absolutely real. And the way the story moves is wonderful. Each event is bleakly horrible - a car crash caused by an apparent moronic thug that kills an innocent young woman is the first - and leads to an even worse event so fast, so unexpectedly, that I was left metaphorically gasping. It's like a border ballad, and is indeed set in Scotland. It brings motiveless, archetypal inhumanity right up to date. Love it!

These are the novel's UK sales rankings:
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #421 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#8 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Literary Fiction
#11 in Books > Fiction > Literary Fiction
#46 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers

Also available in USA!
(And thank-you to USA readers who downloaded this week..I hope you enjoy the book! 17500 downloads were taken in that free 48=hour promotion, most of those in USA!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Survival...pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/The-Survival-T...pr_product_top
John A. A. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote