View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:43 AM   #103
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
I just had a thought re: the idea that some of the delay could be due to a software update...

Since the Kindle Touch has the pinch-to-zoom to change font sizes and the text reflows to adjust to the change - wouldn't it be grand if the delay with Sony was so that they could update their pinch-to-zoom so it does the same? That would make me happy. I just don't see much point to the zoom in feature otherwise.

Like I said, just a thought.
As someone who works in the software industry: You never pull a product to add functionality. Feature work is done at least 2-3 months ahead of the final build is declared (in some areas, double or quadruple that). In this case either something was found with what was flashed on the devices, or a last minute ship-stopping bug was found. I'd bet more on the former.

And it really isn't a delay when they ship early, pull it back, and then reship it early again. But it is annoying to wait after you are told it was shipped.

On the Sony, the big deal with pinch to zoom is useful for fixed layout formats like PDF, or with images that are shrunk down. Say, comics, diagrams, and so on.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote