View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher View Post
Unfortunately for me I took them off my weekly bookstore cycle when they came up with the brilliant idea to make books more visible by stocking them cover out instead of spine out. Of course this took more room so they had to reduce stock in other books. Other books that weren't top sellers or on the push list.

I still go to the local one but just once a week instead of every weekend. But it's getting harder to justify that. It's just been to long since they had anything I wanted available. (Well, that's not strictly true. They did have a couple nice manuals for Joomla I liked but the store price was actually HIGHER than the price printed on the books!) Plus the last time I went in even more shelves were devoted to cover-out book placement. (Yes, I know the Twilight thing is hot but enough to dedicate 50% of your front to? Umm, no. If you are going to waste that much space at least know your audience. Put it closer to the coffee area instead of your walk-in.)
They only do it cover out on the main sections shelves to take up space when there is lots of extra room (or if there isn't room and cover out takes up less space than spine out when there are mutliple copies).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote