View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #867
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I'm still on iOS 5 on this iPad 3, but text selection is still a huge struggle. It has put me off using Bluefire Reader in the past, and today's update has not improved the issue. Selecting text is slow and jerky, and after I let go of the screen, the selection marker is typically in some other place than I wanted it to be and than what was indicated by the zoom view.
Text selection in iOS is a lot better than on Android. It is a tricky thing to implement as the rendering engine we use (RMSDK) generates images of pages, rather than "live" text. So when selecting text, we are actually calculating what words are under your finger, and then updating the bitmap of the page to show a highlight. We will be making it better on Android this Spring. Curious which device you were talking about?
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote