View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #125
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Cataracts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Because you have cataracts!!!!
Is it possible that all those who voted five stars on Amazon had cataracts as well?

Maybe other eye illnesses like nearsigtedness, farsightedness, glaucoma, macular degeneration, astigmatism, color blindness also obscure the color blotches. Most Americans do have one sort of eye problem or another. Maybe color blindness to even a minor extent changes the view from unacceptable to very acceptable.

Its even possible that the QC people in China, who inspect the final output, were never examined by an ophthamologist.

Then, be happy, if you see color blotches, you have great eyes. The rest of us with eye problems now have a compensating benefit: GREAT PAPERWHITES.

Actually, EVERY photo I've seen in this Forum of PW screens show very faint colors. None of them would really bother me. They are simply not that annoying. The official photos I've seen from Amazon at very low light levels show a greenish glow which is more pronounced than any photos I've seen here. However, in that set of 4 photos the high light levels of the same unit cover up even that faint, green glow.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote