Thread: Bulk delete
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal_Chicago View Post
However, when I use Calibre Companionto sync to my Android tablet, the older articles on the tablet remain. I do not see a bulk delete in Calibre Companion.
Bulk delete via Calibre Companion is the same as bulk delete for most every other ereader. Connect your tablet to calibre, switch to the device view, select all of the articles you wish to delete then click remove and all selected articles will be removed from the device.

Currently I believe (could easily be wrong) the Kindle is the only reader that has auto remove built into their device.

Update: Now that I have an Android device I no longer use any of calibre's recipes for gathering articles or news. I use Google Reader and its app to access blogs, web sites and newspapers of interest to me, see attached for examples of Google reader app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	google_reader.png
Views:	248
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	93620   Click image for larger version

Name:	google_reader_law.png
Views:	249
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	93622   Click image for larger version

Name:	google_reader_north_carolina.png
Views:	232
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	93623   Click image for larger version

Name:	google_reader_books.png
Views:	254
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	93624  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-08-2012 at 02:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote