View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I hope so, but I'm skeptical. My first one was a K3 SO and I saved enough with the SO to buy the K4 SO when it was released. I subsequently saved enough on the K4 SO to buy the K5 SO (KT), but haven't had many offers worth noting on the K5 SO. Maybe $15 in savings over a 6 month period. The K3 SO was the best deal because there were no local deals at all. The K4 SO deal was okay, but not as good because they introduced the local deals. By the time I bought the K5 SO local deals were 90% of the deals, now they are 100%. I just pre-ordered a KPW SO so I hope we get real SOs again.
While Amazon continues to place lots of offers on our SO Kindles, there hasn't been a real Special Offer since 30 Apr 12. Real Special Offers require the use of a unique code that's only available to owners of SO Kindles.

The offers that have been our Kindles since April have been available to anyone with an Amazon account; therefore, they don't qualify as Special Offers.

Let's hope they have some really good offers. Under the initial SO program, the offers were fantastic. As time went on, they became less attractive and the frequency dwindled until it completely stopped. Chances are, Amazon will do the same thing this time around. But hey, a good deal is a good deal and I'll take advantage of it no matter how short the ride is.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote