View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
According to Apple, the iPad has a user accessibility option called VoiceOver that is able to work with iBooks.

Since I don't have an iPad yet, I have not tested this! I am still hoping to win one.

- M.
Yes it works. What is interesting (well, to me) is that the book I tested, "Here, There Be Dragons", that I bought from Apple's iBooks store, is specifically noted in Amazon's Kindle format as "Text to Speech-Not Enabled-the Publisher has requested not to Enable Text to Speech for this Title".

I'm wondering if Apple got around this by putting Text-to-Speech under Accessibility (it is actually a completely different interface-not just the text-to-speech, but all gestures as well to control the iPad).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote