Thread: Wind-up Girl
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
I just finished reading the book, many thanks to GlenBarrington for the recommendation. The writing is enjoyable, the POV characters are very realistic and I really had hard time deciding where I like them or not. The story is there, it's consistent and has it's twists that bring it forward.
What I didn't like was some excessive use of Thai words that got me confused. There are some that I eventually remembered, others were lost. But overall it helps to get you in the world of the book.
Yes, I had many of the same reactions as you. I have no idea if the Thai culture in the book relates in any way modern Thai culture, but it sure FELT real.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote