Thread: PRS-900 Daily Reader with Ubuntu?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #31
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by raac View Post
If I were you, I'd go the virtual machine route for Windows. In addition to running ADE, you can more easily use certain Windows-based Python scripts to "by-pass" the DRM. Following this, you'll be able to read everything on Ubuntu to your heart's content.
I have a virtual Windows Vista installed, but I've never been able to get the virtual environment to recognize the USB ports.

Yeah, I'm pretty well-versed on the whole getting rid of drm thing.

One of my motivations for getting the Sony 900 was the fact that it can read non-drm epub.

Quote:
When I bought my 900, I just logged into the Sony store on the device and it authorized it before I even hooked up to my computer.
Yeah, I did that last night through the wireless feature of the device. Have a sony and adobe account now. I haven't bought a book through them yet, but will be interesting to see if I can get the purchased book of the device and into calibre.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote