View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I had closed it down (I thought), but the process was still running.

Anyway, the reinstall worked, and I successfully converted a large html file to epub--a conversion that previously had failed. That's the good news. That was a biggie.

I'm still having trouble moving files into Calibre. The files in question are Tor free ebooks and Baen free ebooks. They're in folders for Baen and Tor, and they're not read-only. When I try one at a time, I sometimes get a book to appear in the Calibre list, but with the metadata wrong, and when I try to edit, I get something like:

list index out of range
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.pyo", line 345, in accept
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 894, in set_title
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 534, in set_path
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 688, in add_format
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 242, in refresh_ids
IndexError: list index out of range

This is similar to the error I get when I try adding to the library.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote