View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The 800 x 600 resolution is stated on both the manual and box. I will try a couple of pictures at those resolutions to see what happens. The manual is on the device, but I cannot find it while looking through the limited directories that are on the device. It only comes up when selected in the options menu. I will see about getting it scanned in (don't have a scanner here, but will locate one).

It only has one serif type font, similar to Times New Roman. I will also check to see if it will pick up embedded fonts in ePubs. I know it uses a base font size. I did have my current book set to 12 point, and I couldn't get it small enough for my liking, so I reformatted the ePub to start with a 10 point base font, and now I can shrink it down to the size I want.

It uses the full width and height of the screen, except for the small bar along the botton that shows the file name, time and battery charge icon. I'll test my picture taking abilities so you can see.

I left the protective cover on my screen yet, so it is slightly matte to me. I would guess it is shiney under that as the entire top part is one piece. I always read in low light conditions, so I don't get to much reflection, but the certainly is reflection when turning towards light.

There are 6 auto-shutdown settings; 3 mins,5, 10, 15, 20 and No auto shutdown.

Nate, I did download the Elonex firmware the other day, but have been put off for now by the lack of info, and also I don't have an original firmware to flash back to if something goes wrong. I should do it before the warranty is over maybe so I can exchange it if something goes wrong.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote