View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 04:37 AM   #11
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliq View Post
I think you can also check OneDrive and box.com too. Box gives a nice storage size when you sign up with the 50Gb link. Dropbox is kind of stingy with space in my own opinion.
For me, what makes me love Dropbox more and more is their stability and security. I asked them once if I would lose my existing files if I fail to make a payment to them in any month, and they said 'No, but you won't be able to sync anything new'. I don't wanna wake up one morning to find all my files gone (like it happened with streamload, sugarsync and mediafire). So yeah, 2GB ain't seem like much but if you want to have peace of mind and can't afford to lose your files then Dropbox is IMO the best way to go. I do wish that Dropbox used more BW when syncing files, but in spite of my settings that doesn't seem to happen. That is one minor annoyance I have with them.

Or you can use google drive (you get 15GB free) and let the big G sneak into your files whenever they want :
http://bradlowrey.net/articles/googl...le-of-privacy/

I once used copy.com and their transfer speeds (Via mover) are terrible. Box.com IMO limits you by filesize, unlike Dropbox. So yeah, lots to consider when choosing a cloud storage which goes above and beyond the 'how much space I am getting' mindset (no offense intended)

Last edited by mrmarlowe; 04-23-2014 at 04:44 AM.
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote