View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Fight: A Christian Case for Non-Violence by Preston Sprinkle
Publisher page

Quote:
Fight explores violence in the Bible and challenges us to live out Jesus’ call to non-violence. With prophetic relevance, New York Times bestselling author Preston Sprinkle tackles the controversy surrounding violence and grapples with surprising conclusions. Anyone who has struggled with the morality of violence will appreciate this convincing biblical guide.
Better: How Jesus Satisfies the Search for Meaning by Tim Chaddick with Craig Borlase
Publisher page

Quote:
“What does it take to find satisfaction? Will I ever find something in life that’s better than this?”

Most people live a life they never would have planned. The good news is that coming to the end of their expectations means they’re on the brink of great wisdom, peace, and joy. That’s what the ancient author of Ecclesiastes helps us figure out—it is quite possible to face detours and dead-ends in life and still find more satisfaction than you ever could have imagined.

Better explores the mysteries, scandalous lines, and deep truths of Ecclesiastes and applies them to life today. Better seeks to show how the questions of the heart find their answer in the person of Jesus. Here you will find a vision of life that is neither naive nor cynical, but realistic and hopeful. Because the truth is, when God answers the questions, you finally realize what is better.
Everything the Bible Says About Prayer: How do I know God hears my prayers? What should I ask for when I pray? What does God say about worshiping in prayer? How should I pray for my family? by Keith Wall
B&N

Quote:
What Does the Bible Say About Prayer?

Countless books have been written about how to pray, what to pray, and when to pray. But this book includes exactly what God says about prayer, straight from his Word.

The Bible talks a lot about prayer. God reveals the elements of effective prayer and promises to hear and answer our prayers. His Word also gives many examples of prayer from his faithful followers, including David, Moses, Hannah, and more. And Jesus himself teaches us how to pray.

In this clear, concise book, all the scriptural prayers and primary references to prayer have been carefully collected and organized into useful categories. When necessary, brief explanations are provided, using insights gathered from trustworthy commentaries.

Let the Bible's timeless truths encourage you to grow closer to the Lord through prayer today.
Thriving: Trusting God for Life to the Fullest by Nancy Grisham
B&N

Quote:
Jesus made believers a bold promise: life and life to the fullest. He offers us more than just barely getting by when challenges come our way. But that kind of life doesn't happen automatically.

Thriving equips you to live the abundant life. Using personal stories and biblical insights, Nancy Grisham shows you how to appropriate Jesus's promise in your own life, even in the midst of difficult circumstances. Each chapter concludes with a practical reflection and application section perfect for individual study or small group discussions.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote