View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #31
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My smart phone doesn't tell me when there is email. The are only three distractions I allow on my smart phone.

1. Phone calls. If I was reading my e-reader and my cell phone rang, I would answer it anyway so it is no more of a distraction.

2. Scheduled appointments. If it is time to meet someone I WANT to be notified. So again, no issue here.

3. Texts. I hardly use texts. My wife might send me one to let me know where to meet her. More efficient and less of a distraction than a phone call.

The Internet, video and Angry Birds don't reach out and make me play or interrupt me while I am reading - I control that.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote