Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #230
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MH View Post
However, I have to say, very disappointed with the battery life on this. Is it just me or is the battery life nowhere near as advertized?
Unless I'm streaming videos or playing heavier games (eg, Jetpack Joyride) for extended periods, I only need to plug in at night, before I head to bed (though, more usually, I plug in when using it during the hour or so before bed as my best chair's beside an outlet). That's with keeping the wi-fi on. No big deal.

Quote:
Other niggles include not being able to access the BBC iPlayer app and Skype app failing to open.
Lack of BBC iPlayer is most likely due to the lack of a GPS in the Arc, so nothing anyone can suggest. Skype works fine for me - opening, sitting in the background, waiting for calls, and while in active use - so no suggestions on that, other than maybe to swipe away stuff from the recents list and making sure you aren't being overloaded with running tasks...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote