View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #50
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctskim View Post
I just followed the guide here and I was able to solve the Your Kindle Needs Repair notice. My problem now is when I restart my Kindle touch it freezes on the Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up.

The only way I can get it to boot again is via MfgTool.

I dont get this one:

I am a super newbie please help!!!!
The instructions you questioned are for rebooting to main mode from diags SSH.

The "Please wait a moment" may mean that an update is being applied. That can take up to a half hour or more. Please give it time to finish.

If that does not work, you can try to repair the problem from diags ssh, or using a data.tar.gz and RUNME.sh to do it.

But the SIMPLEST way is to follow the instructions in the "simple debricking" sticky, and replace your broken main partition with a fresh copy of the main partition and kernel.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote