View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosy621 View Post
Ok, I got someone to get the Nook to the point it gets to the "Reading Forever" splash screen and then it ends up with the "Install Failed" screen. I've tried booting from the microSD with a variety of img's that are supposed to fix the Nook. I've tried from the Mac terminal as well as setting up the SD through WinImage. I bricked the damn thing. I cannot believe I bricked it.

I'm open to any and every idea you can throw at me. Let me know what information you need from me.
I know this is not very helpful, but you are doing something wrong: the str has the sd card as first boot option so, even if you somehow formatted the emmc, it will still boot from a sd card. so it looks like your boot sd carc is not right.
First you need to boot from an sd card and then you can mount the emmc partitions to see what damage has been done and what needs to be restored.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote