View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB View Post
Can't speak for the Kindle device, but the kindle iphone app (and presumably the ipad) definitely collects usage statistics. Found them while I was ripping some of my azw files from the phone.
Interesting. But the question is whether the usage statistics are then aggregated or whether they are maintained with the original information that could individually identify users.

My guess is the former--they're looking for patterns in the data that can be used to become faster/better/cheaper. Why would they be interested in what you (or I) have read? But of course that's just a guess.

I wonder if we have any Amazon people around here that could help us understand this better?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote